Ok, so most of my posts have been about the heavy stuff- chemicals are evil, curing cancer, etc... I thought it would be nice to post something lighthearted!
I have always enjoyed the Easter season. It is a time to remember what Jesus endured for us on the cross and to celebrate His resurrection. Now, I am not sure what an Easter basket has to do with Jesus saving our souls- but I do know I LOVE making Easter baskets! I've made one for Joel every year. Normally it would consist of the usual cavity combination- Reeses, M&M's, Jelly Beans, etc... This year, after having worked so hard to avoid refined sugars, a traditional Easter basket seemed rather counterproductive. So I set out on my quest to make a 100% organic Easter Basket!
I started my quest at Starbucks. I found RAW organic granola bars and a huge (manly) coffee mug. I continued my search for healthy goodies at Publix, where I found organic dark chocolate bars and organic fruit leather. One of my favorite places since Joel and I have changed our diet is Staff of Life in Niceville. They had a medley of organic candies: chocolate covered coffee beans, gummy bears, jelly beans, gum, chocolate bars, imitation M&M's, and licorice. All I needed now was some of that ever-annoying-find-it-for-months-Easter-basket-grass, so I ran to the dollar store. While there I found some fruit and vegetable seed packets for a garden. This was perfect since Joel and I recently planted a garden in our backyard!
The finished product isn't nearly as colorful or tasty as Easter baskets of the past, but I have to say I felt so much better giving Joel a basket full of health!
Ps- The Burt's Bees Hand Sanitizer is sort of a joke. Joel has this weird thing about shaking people's hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment